Breaking: Jannik Sinner made everyone feel justified in criticizing him after he asserted, “I’m not wrong,” in the doping test incident!

Men’s tennis world No. 1 Jannik Sinner spent much of Friday’s US Open media availability answering questions 

about avoiding a suspension despite twice testing positive for a prohibited substance in March.

On Tuesday, the International Tennis Integrity Agency revealed the Italian star bore “no fault or negligence” despite testing positive for Clostebol, an anabolic steroid, 

at low levels from a sample that was collected March 10 at the Indian Wells tournament. A further sample collected eight days later also tested positive at low levels.

“It’s not ideal before a grand slam. But, in my mind, I know that I haven’t done anything wrong,” the 23-year-old said. “I always will respect these rules of anti-doping.”

Sinner is the men’s top seed at the US Open and is set to face American Mackenzie McDonald in the first round next week.

In a statement posted on social media Tuesday, Sinner said the positive tests stemmed from “inadvertent contamination of Clostebol” through treatment from his physiotherapist. 

The 2024 Australian Open winner also said that his physiotherapist had been applying an over-the-counter spray to their own skin – not on Sinner – to treat a small wound.

On Friday, Sinner said he had split with his physiotherapist Giacomo Naldi and fitness coach Umberto Ferrara because of the incident.

“We worked together for two years. We made an incredible job, bringing a lot of success and then having a great team behind me,” he said.

“Now, because of these mistakes, I’m not feeling that confident to continue with them. The only thing I need right now (is) some clean air.”

Sinner said he couldn’t control how the situation would impact his reputation.

“Whoever knows me very well knows that I haven’t done, and I would never do something what goes against the rules,” he said.

Earlier on Friday, fellow ATP player Frances Tiafoe was asked about Sinner. Tiafoe lost to Sinner in the final of the Cincinnati Open on Monday, a day before the ITIA announcement.

“The government bodies made a decision – they went and did that and he is cleared to play. You know, that’s pretty much what I have to say about it,” Tiafoe said. “All the best to him in the US Open, and I’m just excited about me doing my thing at the Open.”

 Follow us to see more useful information, as well as to give us more motivation to update more useful information for you.

Source: New York Post

Related Posts

Featured Image

Scottie Scheffler shocks fans with his Masters Champions Dinner menu! The bizarre main course leaves everyone speechless!

Scottie Scheffler’s Masters Champions Dinner menu has taken the golf world by storm! His unexpected choices, including a unique main course, have left past champions and fans…

Featured Image

Charley Hull “tortures” herself to win! Waking up at 2:30 AM, training like the military, and shooting a 63 at the Ford Championship… all for a high-stakes BET with her boyfriend!

Charley Hull takes training to an extreme level! Waking up at 2:30 AM, enduring military-style workouts, and shooting an incredible 63 at the Ford Championship— all fueled…

Featured Image

The dark truth behind Tiger Woods and Vanessa Trump’s relationship—was it all just a staged act to cover up shady business dealings between Tiger and the Trump family?

Tiger Woods and Vanessa Trump’s relationship has raised eyebrows, sparking speculation about whether it was a genuine romance or a strategic cover-up for undisclosed business ventures. This…

Featured Image

Paige Spiranac breaks her silence! The world’s sexiest golfer finally speaks out on shocking rumors of “trading favors for fame” in a tell-all interview that exposes the truth!

Paige Spiranac finally speaks out about the shocking rumors that plagued her career. In a tell-all interview, the world’s sexiest golfer sets the record straight on accusations…

Featured Image

Bryson DeChambeau quits the PGA Tour to become a YouTuber? From world-class golf star to a controversial move to LIV Golf, is he spiraling so badly that he’s considering retirement for a new career path?

Bryson DeChambeau, once a dominant force in professional golf, has been no stranger to controversy. From his transition to LIV Golf to his increasing focus on YouTube,…

Featured Image

Nelly Korda breaks down in tears! She loves her favorite drink but is forced to give it up due to a brutal diet—does this sacrifice make winning on the LPGA Tour worth it, with family pressure weighing her down?

Nelly Korda, one of the biggest stars in women’s golf, has made a heartbreaking sacrifice by giving up her beloved whole milk lattes due to a strict…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!