Breaking: Jannik Sinner made everyone feel justified in criticizing him after he asserted, “I’m not wrong,” in the doping test incident!

Men’s tennis world No. 1 Jannik Sinner spent much of Friday’s US Open media availability answering questions 

about avoiding a suspension despite twice testing positive for a prohibited substance in March.

On Tuesday, the International Tennis Integrity Agency revealed the Italian star bore “no fault or negligence” despite testing positive for Clostebol, an anabolic steroid, 

at low levels from a sample that was collected March 10 at the Indian Wells tournament. A further sample collected eight days later also tested positive at low levels.

“It’s not ideal before a grand slam. But, in my mind, I know that I haven’t done anything wrong,” the 23-year-old said. “I always will respect these rules of anti-doping.”

Sinner is the men’s top seed at the US Open and is set to face American Mackenzie McDonald in the first round next week.

In a statement posted on social media Tuesday, Sinner said the positive tests stemmed from “inadvertent contamination of Clostebol” through treatment from his physiotherapist. 

The 2024 Australian Open winner also said that his physiotherapist had been applying an over-the-counter spray to their own skin – not on Sinner – to treat a small wound.

On Friday, Sinner said he had split with his physiotherapist Giacomo Naldi and fitness coach Umberto Ferrara because of the incident.

“We worked together for two years. We made an incredible job, bringing a lot of success and then having a great team behind me,” he said.

“Now, because of these mistakes, I’m not feeling that confident to continue with them. The only thing I need right now (is) some clean air.”

Sinner said he couldn’t control how the situation would impact his reputation.

“Whoever knows me very well knows that I haven’t done, and I would never do something what goes against the rules,” he said.

Earlier on Friday, fellow ATP player Frances Tiafoe was asked about Sinner. Tiafoe lost to Sinner in the final of the Cincinnati Open on Monday, a day before the ITIA announcement.

“The government bodies made a decision – they went and did that and he is cleared to play. You know, that’s pretty much what I have to say about it,” Tiafoe said. “All the best to him in the US Open, and I’m just excited about me doing my thing at the Open.”

 Follow us to see more useful information, as well as to give us more motivation to update more useful information for you.

Source: New York Post

Related Posts

Featured Image

Rory McIlroy dreams of winning the Masters, but past failures and a serious injury leave him performing worse than ever!

Rory McIlroy Dreams of Winning the Masters, But Past Failures and a Serious Injury Leave Him Performing Worse Than Ever! Rory McIlroy, one of golf’s most prominent…

Featured Image

Kai Trump and Charlie Woods suddenly climb the golf rankings despite underwhelming performances! Is there a hidden force manipulating the results?

Kai Trump and Charlie Woods Suddenly Climb the Golf Rankings Despite Underwhelming Performances! Is There a Hidden Force Manipulating the Results? In recent weeks, the golf world…

Featured Image

Kai Trump caught in an awkward situation as he struggles to explain his ‘historic’ shot that went viral, fueling speculation that it was pure luck!

Kai Trump Caught in an Awkward Situation as He Struggles to Explain His ‘Historic’ Shot That Went Viral, Fueling Speculation That It Was Pure Luck! In an…

Featured Image

The truth behind Charley Hull’s lavish lifestyle is exposed! From her mysterious boyfriend and luxury cars to golf gear worth a fortune!

The Truth Behind Charley Hull’s Lavish Lifestyle is Exposed! From Her Mysterious Boyfriend and Luxury Cars to Golf Gear Worth a Fortune! Charley Hull, a renowned British…

Featured Image

Nelly Korda sparks controversy with her shocking confession—she can’t stand the most beloved dish in every household! Fans are stunned by her sudden change in taste!

Nelly Korda Sparks Controversy with Her Shocking Confession—She Can’t Stand the Most Beloved Dish in Every Household! Fans Are Stunned by Her Sudden Change in Taste! Nelly…

Featured Image

Charley Hull sets the golf world on fire with her bold challenge to a five-time LPGA champion, declaring: “She doesn’t stand a chance!”

Charley Hull Sets the Golf World on Fire with Her Bold Challenge to a Five-Time LPGA Champion, Declaring: “She Doesn’t Stand a Chance!” In an electrifying announcement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!